Sealasash provides a premium restoration service to make traditional wooden sash windows work properly and add high performance draught seals, which reduce energy costs and improve home comfort.
The wooden sash window is a characteristic of many older houses and commercial buildings. Windows form an important part of our architectural heritage but many sash windows no longer work as they were intended to.
They have been painted, nailed and screwed shut over the years in an attempt to reduce annoying rattles and draughts. These nonfunctioning old windows can be made to work efficiently, slide effortlessly and be draught proofed without compromising their architectural value.
Old wooden sash windows do not need to be pulled out and replaced. Get them fixed and restored with Sealasash.
- Rotten window frames
- Rotten sills
- Broken cords
- Leaky windows
- Draughty windows
- Rattly windows
- Stuck windows
What we do:
- Sealasash remove the staff beads, clears debris/ paint, repairs as necessary and fits polypropylene brush pile
- Sealasash fit a unique two part replacement for the old parting bead
- Sealasash remove the sashes, replace the sash cord, service or replace the balances and pulleys, check or replace the missing weights and repairs any timber that shows signs of rot
- Sealasash provide a system which is unobtrusive and sympathetic to the architectural features of old windows.
- Sealasash has solutions for vertical and horizontal sliding windows, casement windows and wooden doors
- Dramatically reduced draughts
- Improved energy efficiency
- Eliminated rattles
- Reduced incoming dust
- Assists with noise reduction
- Improved sliding motion with low friction seals
- Maintains architectural and heritage values of older buildings.
FOR AN OBLIGATION FREE QUOTE:
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- Somewhere Else
New South Wales
Colm 0404 641 206 John 0400 478 666
Unfortunately Sealasash does not operate in your area at this point in time. If you're interested though, please use our contact form to let us know so we can possibly expand to your area in the future.